Carmelized Butternut Squash
We love Butternut Squash and so when we found this recipe by the Barefoot Contessa we couldn't resist switching things up a bit. We subbed some of the brown sugar with our Chardonnay Wine Jelly with Lemon and Rosemary. THe Wine Jelly adds some wonderful flavors to this dish -- we think the Barefoot Contessa would approve -- give it a try this season.
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2Cut off the ends of each butternut squash and discard.
- 3Peel the squash and cut in half lengthwise.
- 4Using a spoon, remove the seeds.
- 5Cut the squash into 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" cubes (large and uniform is best), and place them on a baking sheet.
- 6Add the melted butter, brown sugar, wine jelly, salt and pepper.
- 7With clean hands, toss all of the ingredients together and spread out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- 8Roast for 45 minutes to 55 minutes, until the squash is tender and the glaze begins to caramelize.
- 9Turn the squash while roasting a few times with a spatula to be sure it browns evenly.
- 10Adjust seasonings if needed.
- 11Serve hot.